Here are a few tips how to maintain beautiful braids and healthy scalp and hair.
- Wash braids with a moisturizing shampoo at least once a week to keep them clean and prevent unpleasant odor.
- To maintain your natural hair and facilitate its growth, keep your hair well-conditioned through oiling.
- If your hair becomes frizzy after washing, apply small amounts of gel or Aloe Vera while it's still damp and secure it with a silk scarf.
- Between washings, you can use an antiseptic product to cleanse and freshen the scalp.
- Do not go to sleep with your braids not completely dry to prevent bacteria buildup and mildew.
Attached are some pictures of different braiding styles, using synthetic hair braids.