Micro braids are miniature braids, tiny and delicate, that are most commonly worn by African American people. One can have only a few braids braided in or have his/her full head braided.
How long does it take to put in micro braids?
Depending on the quantity of micro braids it might take from several minutes to 6-8 hours (for full head).
How to take care of micro braids?
Here are some great tips from a professional hair braiding salon in Austin, TX.
- Deep condition your hair a day before applying the extensions. Continue to deep
condition your hair even when you have the braids in at least once in 2 weeks.
- Use a conditioner that is rich in protein. Use an equal proportion of shea butter and coconut oil as deep conditioner.
- Wash your braids once in 2 weeks. This is very good for your hair as it allows
your hair to rest from the chemical contents in relaxers and other chemicals you've been using on your hair before the braids.
- Use plenty of coconut oil. Coconut oil helps softens yet strengthen and promotes your hair growth.
- Another great ingredient to have at hand during your braiding period is unrefined Shea Butter. This is the master of moisture and healthy groom.